Iris Power RFAII-S
The RFAII-S is portable instrument to collect and analyze flux data from any flux probe in real time, providing the user with data on rotor winding shorted turns.
- Rugged portable instrument with USB and Ethernet interfaces
- Custom built, ultra-high resolution digital data acquisition module, including on-board switchable attenuation for maximum resolution measurements using virtually any flux probe
- High speed acquisition capability creates a table of results covering each pole and each load point
- Deep memory for complete and accurate data collection, e.g. capable of storing over 150 flux waveforms
- Can be synchronized to a power frequency signal, or ideally to an external shaft sync signal so that the poles with shorts can be located
- Software can be installed on any Windows computer. The software also ensures data storage and provides instant analysis of results. There is a clear indication of the presence and location (assuming a shaft sync is installed) of any poles with shorted turns.
- The most common method of monitoring flux involves using a portable instrument, the Iris Power RFAII-S, which is moved between machines that are fitted with flux probes. The instrument is configured by means of a computer and includes Windows™–based control and data display software.
- Alternatively, for remote monitoring, continuous monitoring systems using FluxTracIITM are available from Qualitrol-Iris Power. These can be integrated with plant SCADA using OPC protocol interface and a variety of other plant data acquisition and monitoring protocols.