Iris Power RFAII-S
The RFAII-S is portable instrument to collect and analyze flux data from any flux probe in real time, providing the user with data on rotor winding shorted turns.
- Ideally used with permanently installed Iris Power Total Flux Probe (TFProbe) or Folding Flux Probe (FFProbe)
- Inputs for shaft sync sensor (Keyphasor) for pole determination when shorts are detected.
- Custom built, ultra-high resolution digital data acquisition module, including on-board switchable attenuation for maximum resolution measurements using virtually any flux probe
- High speed acquisition capability creates a table of results covering each pole and each load point
The RFAII and RotorFluxPro software provides instant analysis to indicate the presence and location any rotor poles with shorted turns .
Analyzing the voltage waveforms in real time, comparing average and discrete flux readings, and trending readings to identify anomalies in the flux due to shorted turns.
- Rugged portable instrument connects to a control computer using USB and Ethernet interfaces
- The most common method of monitoring flux involves using a portable instrument, the Iris Power RFAII-S, which is moved between machines that are fitted with flux probes. The instrument is configured by means of a computer and includes Windows™–based control and data display software.
- Alternatively, for remote monitoring, continuous monitoring systems using FluxTracIITM are available from Qualitrol-Iris Power. These can be integrated with plant SCADA using OPC protocol interface and a variety of other plant data acquisition and monitoring protocols.