Iris Power BusTracII
The BusTracII System provides continuous partial discharge measurement in turbine generators using Iris Power Epoxy Mica Capacitor Couplers
- Monitor contains superior noise separation technology based on filtering and pulse shape analysis, reliably distinguishing partial discharges from electrical interference (noise) in order to prevent false indications (alarms) when the monitored equipment is connected to the power system by >30m of power cable.
- Robust continuous monitor tested to withstand harsh plant conditions.
- Modular hardware and easy connections to facilitate field repairs and upgrades
- Data collected is compatible with existing sensor installations and can be commissioned without a machine outage.
- Continuously collects and periodically archives PD data for download on 3 sensitivity ranges – a User Specified range, a range that Automatically adjusts to current PD levels, and a range suitable for evaluating PD Alert conditions.
- In response to a PD alert, users can review the pulse height analysis plots, and the 24-window phase resolved PD plots using basic interpretation to confirm the cause of the alert
- Alert Output is a dedicated relay fitted within the monitor enclosure that can activate a remote indicator of high PD alert conditions.
- Alert output may be connected to a plant monitoring system.
- Is equipped with ambient sensor input modules to enhance data gathering for trending and analysis. Using
- An optional sensor, ambient temperature and ambient humidity can be recorded along with the PD data readings.
- USB memory stick port for downloading stored data without a laptop computer.
- Networking with an Ethernet port for remote diagnostics, downloading, configuration with Iris Power software.
- Modbus over Ethernet protocol included for interfacing to third party applications to obtain machine operating state and provide summary PD data.
- Remote inputs with up to 8 analog points proportional to operating conditions such as stator winding temperature, voltage, current, or power. These conditions are recorded for trending and analysis.
- Remote outputs with 6 analog outputs proportional to the level of PD activity (+Qm and –Qm) of the machine couplers. This is applicable in situations where the user is interested in having the real-time PD activity from their machine acquired by their DCS or control system.
- Automate the measurement (on site or remotely)
- Integrate the key trending parameters within the plant SCADA
- Trigger a remote alarm indicating the need for a more detailed review of the collected data
- Maximize collection of PD activity
- Maximize warning of pending problems
- Create a smoother trend curve
- Lower testing cost