Qualitrol 609 PDM Transformer and GIS Partial Discharge Monitor
The 609 PDM system is an on-line partial discharge (PD) monitoring system for power transformers, based on industry accepted UHF technology.
- Accurate and early incipient fault detection ensures reliable operation and reduces supply outages
- Creates highly accurate reports on asset condition hence reduces maintenance costs
- Monitors multiple transformers simultaneously resulting in higher return on investment
- Robust design and excellent interference immunity for measurements under difficult environmental conditions
- Advanced HMI provisions(intelligent data handling, display and interpretation)
- Qualitrol Expert PD analysis services
- Flexible installation and configuration options to meet customer expectations
- Smart and quick real time alarming / alerting mechanism
- Remote monitoring and configuration
- Expandable and field upgradable without reconfiguration
- External OCUs (Optical Converter Units) that can support 1 to 6 sensors each
- Independent system enclosure for 609 base unit and one OCU
- 1 Ethernet switch (fiber-optic or copper) for each external OCU
The 609 PDM is used to continuously assess the performance of insulation in a power transformers so that corrective actions can be taken before any failure occurs. The information gained from the system is used for condition based maintenance decisions to optimize maintenance expenditure.