Partial Discharge Sensors
Iris Power Epoxy Mica Capacitors (EMCs) are designed to detect Partial Discharge (PD) activity in electrical equipment such as switchgear, isolated phase bus, and dry type transformers without imposing on the equipment operation or reliability in any way.
- Voltage endurance tested: >1,000 hours at 30 kVrms for the 16 kV EMC
- Capacitance rating: 80 pF +/- 4 pF
- Dissipation factor: 0.10%
- PDEV Sensitivity: 1 pC (ASTM D1868 and IEC 60270)
- Bandwidth into 50 ohms: (-3dB); 40 MHz to 350 MHz
- Operating temperature range: -50°C to +130°C (-58°F to +266°F)
- Calculated 60,000 year life (IEEE 930- 1987)
- Thermal Cycle Testing to -40°C to +150°C
- Inclined Plane Tracking Test: 300 min (ASTM D2303-85)
- Comparative Tracking Index: 600 (IEC 60112)
- Lifetime Warranty on Manufacturers Defects (contact for details)
Four different voltage rated EMCs are available – 6.9 kV, 16 kV, 25 kV and 35 kV
EMC kits with installation material according to IEEE 323-1983 for nuclear power generating stations are available
The durable Iris Power Epoxy Mica Capacitors (EMCs) are designed to detect Partial Discharge (PD) activity in motors and generators while not imposing on the machine’s operation or reliability in any way.