Qualitrol Traveling Wave Fault Locator Monitor
Qualitrol’s traveling wave fault location solutions are fast to install and can be set up on multiple lines – no line or substation outage required. What is traveling wave fault location? It’s a device that provides extremely precise fault location on multiple lines enabling operation and maintenance engineers to respond rapidly to events and correct defects at minimum cost and maximum efficiency.
- Best accuracy to ± 195 feet [± 60 meters] independent of impedance methods
- Reduce downtime by getting to the fault site faster
- Track intermittent self-clearing faults and focus maintenance at the right spot to prevent a major breakdown
- Accurate results from circuit trips automatically displayed in the dispatch center within minutes of the event
- Maintenance crews alerted by email notification
- Display, keypad and USB port allow more interaction with the device
- Modular, reliable hardware
- Flexible communications
- Monitor 2, 4, 6, or 8 lines (TWS FL-8)
- Internal PSTN (V.90) modem (optional on COM 4)
Traveling wave fault location on interconnected overhead lines where high availability is important. Accurate, consistent results for all types of faults quickly displayed in a control room or engineering center where it is needed to direct maintenance teams and reduce downtime.