DMS PDMG-RH GIS Partial Discharge Monitor
Utilizing advanced UHF technology, the PDMG-RH system, a member of the highly successful PDMG-R family, is designed for GIS installations. It collects PD data from UHF sensors (couplers) installed on the GIS and transmits the information to software for automatic interpretation and analysis by Expert Software, allowing incipient faults to be avoided and the condition of the long term health of the insulation system to be simply and effectively monitored over the life of the GIS.
- Automatic PD fault classification
- High resolution
- Selectable UHF filters and gain on a per coupler basis
- Enhanced noise gating features for elimination of interference
- Enhances system reliability and reduces risks
- Detects faults in real-time before failure, damage or loss of supply
- Increases safety for personnel
- Determines condition of GIS insulation
- Implementation of efficient, condition-based maintenance strategies
- Extends residual life of aging plant and defers capital costs
- Reduces insurance premiums
- Retrofits to most major GIS systems
The PDMG-RH system is used for continuous, online partial discharge monitoring and analysis on permanently installed applications on all makes of GIS in transmission installations and on critical systems such as in power plants and large industrial consumers. It provides digital and analog (SCADA) outputs for remote alarm and warning as well as remote data access to all diagnostic information.