AKM OTIWTI™ or AKM345 Oil Thermometer
The AKM OTIWTI or AKM345 is a capillary based, mechanical, remote indicating thermometer. As one of the world’s leading thermometers, this product has configurations for oil temperature measurement and winding temperature simulation. Features up to 6 adjustable switches for alarm, trip, and cooling system functions and can be equipped with various electronic outputs for SCADA and remote monitoring applications.
- AKM bellows measurement with reset-able maximum pointer
- Up to 6 fully independent and user adjustable switches (contacts) for control and alarms.
- Switches can be specified by switch type, hysteresis range, and set point, without limitation of sequential set points.
- 6 inch (150 mm) dial face with an angular dial span of 260° for maximum ease of measurement interpretation.
- Built in spring loaded pointer for switch field testing
- Improved connection ease with a greater number cable glands; 3 x M25 style and 2 x M20 style
- New and improved swing out case design allows for easy cable connection, switch configuration and testing without removal of the cover
- Standard switch rated for up to 15 Amps AC and up to 10 Amp DC, switches also available for higher VDC (magnetic blow out, M.B.O.), and switches for milliamp loads
- Various analog outputs also available (mA, Pt 100, and Cu 10)
- Each switch can be specified with adjustable hysteresis (5 to 25°C)
- Non-pressured bellows system better resists leakage when compared to bourdon tube (pressurized) style capillary thermometers
- Integrated heating element in bellows for winding temperature indication eliminates extra cost and complexity of accessories to simulate the winding
- AKM bellows system provides a 260° dial deflection (angle the pointer travels from minimum to maximum) making it easier to interpret temperature reading from a distance
- Same installation footprint and mounting options as the previous generation AKM 345
- Improved wiring installation with addition of 2 cable glands (for a total of 5) and an increase in size to 3 x M25 and 2 x M20 versus the previous generation
- Wide range of options allow for standard use of one thermometer series across a wide array of applications and operating conditions
- Extreme temperature survivability with polar executions for use down to -60°C
- Enclosures with IP55 or IP65 rating with numerous mounting configurations available
- Up to 6 user adjustable switches with independent switch types
- Mounting style, tank connection style, probe length, capillary (length, material, protective housing), compatible well (pocket)
- SCADA outputs (0-1mA, 4-20mA, Pt 100, and Cu 10), analog and digital remote indicators
For temperature indication with integrated control and alarm functions. Designed for use where the point of measurement (the well or pocket) is not easily viewed by personnel requiring separate or remote indication.