Iris Power Robotic Inspection Vehicle – (RIV)
The Iris Power RIV800 Robotic Inspection Vehicle and Camera System, allows a visual inspection of the generator stator and rotor, including checking the air vents for debris, with or without removing the rotor. The robotic inspection vehicle also provides an automated means of ELCID electromagnetic core imperfection detection testing and SWA stator wedge analyzer testing.
The magnetically supported Robotic Inspection Vehicle (RIV 800) has been developed to provide an automated scanning method for the ELCID stator core interlaminar insulation test equipment. The vehicle allows scanning of the stator bore of a generator or large motor, in order to test the integrity of the stator lamination insulation out more efficiently. The equipment can also be adapted to carry other lightweight attachments for stator inspection including the mini-camera or wedge tightness probe. A single control unit is used to provide power and control to the vehicle and camera module.
The RIV 800 is primarily designed for automated testing stator cores with EL CID with the rotor removed however, is also can be used to test machines by insertion into the air-gap with the rotor in place if the rotor retaining ring to stator gap is sufficiently large.
The Iris Power RIV Camera System provides a flexible system for Rotor-in-Place inspections of large generators. It is fitted to the Iris Power Robotic Inspection Vehicle which can be moved along the stator slots. The camera system includes an integral light. The camera and light are directed at a 45° mirror, which can be remotely rotated through 360° to allow scanning of the stator or rotor as well as looking forward along the air-gap. The camera can also be focused remotely. The system allows a visual inspection of the generator stator and rotor, including checking the air vents for debris, without removing the rotor. The video output is displayed on a 150 mm color TFT LCD integral monitor in the control unit. Composite video output is provided for feeding to a second monitor or video recorder.
- Auto-stop setting ensures RIV stops at preset distance
- Control unit outside stator core connects via single multi-core cable for power and signals
- Can be configured for various slot widths
- Curvature adjustment for various core diameters
- Low height (30mm) allows rotor-in-place testing
- Magnetically self-supporting on steel surface
- Automatically detects the edges of the stator teeth to follow a straight line
- Side plates give additional guidance when wedges are recessed or when wedges and coils are removed
- Distance measurement via encoder wheel
- Miniature SWA probe for wedge tightness detection
- 20, 25, 35cm flat Chattock sensors for EL CID testing