Iris Power PDTracII 4208
The PDTracII 4208 System provides continuous partial discharge measurement in motors using Iris Power Epoxy Mica Capacitor Couplers
- Monitor contains superior noise separation technology based on filtering and pulse shape analysis, reliably distinguishing partial discharges from electrical interference (noise) in order to prevent false indications (alarms) when the monitored equipment is connected to the power system by >30m of power cable.
- Robust continuous monitor tested to withstand harsh plant conditions.
- Modular hardware and easy connections to facilitate field repairs and upgrades
- Data collected is compatible with existing sensor installations and can be commissioned without a machine outage.
- Continuously collects and periodically archives PD data for download on 3 sensitivity ranges – a User Specified range, a range that Automatically adjusts to current PD levels, and a range suitable for evaluating PD Alert conditions.
- In response to a PD alert, users can review the pulse height analysis plots, and the 24-window phase resolved PD plots using basic interpretation to confirm the cause of the alert
- Alert Output is a dedicated relay fitted within the monitor enclosure that can activate a remote indicator of high PD alert conditions.
- Alert output may be connected to a plant monitoring system.
- Is equipped with ambient sensor input modules to enhance data gathering for trending and analysis. Using
- An optional sensor, ambient temperature and ambient humidity can be recorded along with the PD data readings.
- USB memory stick port for downloading stored data without a laptop computer.
- Networking with an Ethernet port for remote diagnostics, downloading, configuration with Iris Power software.
- Modbus over Ethernet protocol included for interfacing to third party applications to obtain machine operating state and provide summary PD data.
- Remote inputs with 8 analog points proportional to operating conditions such as equipment temperature, voltage, current or power. These conditions are recorded for trending and analysis.
- Remote outputs with 6 analog outputs proportional to the level of PD activity (+Qm and –Qm). This is applicable in situations where the user is interested in having the realtime PD activity acquired by their DCS or control system.
- Local ambient humidity and temperature sensor.
|ATEX/IECEx||II 3G Ex nA nC IIC T4 Gc in compliance with|
IEC 60079-0:2011 Ed. 6
IEC 60079-15:2011 Ed. 4
|C-US||Class I, Division 2, Groups A, B, C, D T4|
Ex nA nC IIC T4 Gc
Class I, Zone 2, AEx nA nC IIC T4 Gc based on
CAN/CSA C22.2 No. 61010-1-12
CSA Std. C22.2 No. 213-16
CAN/CSA-C22.2 No. 60079-0:15
CAN/CSA-C22.2 No. 60079-15:16
ANSI/UL 61010-1, 3rd Ed
|INMETRO||Ex nA nC IIC T4 Gc|
In compliance with
ABNT NBR ISO IEC 60079-0:2013
ABNT NBR ISO IEC 60079-15:2012
- An economical means of providing automated, continuous partial discharge (PD) measurement for motors, generators, switchgear, and dry type transformers
- Can operate “stand alone” with only periodic downloading of archived PD data or it can be networked with the plant computer
- Important operating conditions such as ambient humidity, stator winding or equipment temperature, voltage, and/ or ambient temperature can be recorded and stored with the archived PD data for in-depth analysis and trending of the partial discharge activity